Chicken Style Chowder
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 250g potatoes, diced
- 300ml unsweetened soya milk
- 250g VBites’ chicken style pieces 140g canned sweetcorn
- 410g can Puy lentils or green lentils, rinsed and drained
- chopped chives, to serve (optional)
- Lightly fry the spring onions for 2-3 mins until softened. Add the potatoes, stock and the milk. Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat for 10 mins or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Take out a quarter of the soup and blend until smooth. This can then be poured back into the pan.
- Add the sweetcorn and lentils to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Pan fry the VBites chicken style pieces until golden brown and mix into the soup. Serve with a sprinkle of chives or herbs of your choice.
Broccoli and Cheezly Soup
Serves 4 – Ingredients
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 800g broccoli
- 1 small potato
- 1 medium leek
- 2 sticks of celery
- 100g blue style Cheezly
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- Roughly chop the potato, leek, celery and broccoli
- Heat the oil and lightly fry the leeks and celery before adding the chopped potato and broccoli.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Blend to a smooth consistency, then stir in the grated blue style Cheezly and the nutritional yeast flakes.
Winter Beef Style Stew
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 1 pack VBites beef style pieces
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 red potatoes, chopped into large pieces
- 2-3 medium sized carrots, chopped into large pieces
- 6-8 chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp VBites gravy powder
- 2 sprigs of sage
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and sauté the onions.
- While the onions are cooking, heat up the remaining oil in a separate pan and fry the VBites beef style pieces on a high heat, carefully sealing each side.
- Once the onions have turned a golden brown, add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the potatoes, carrot, beef style pieces and sage, cover with just enough water to submerge all the vegetables and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the potato is cooked through, remove the sage and add 2 tbsp of VBites gravy powder. Stir through and serve.