Korean Fried ‘Chicken’
Ingredients – Serves 2
- One pack of VBites chicken style pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Gochujang hot pepper paste
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of vegan Worcestershire sauce (GranoVita)
- 2 tbsp tonkatsu sauce
- 40ml water
- Sliced ginger, chilli and spring onion to garnish
- In a small pan, heat the sesame oil and add the minced garlic. Fry for 30-40 seconds on a medium heat.
- Add the pepper paste, agave syrup, tonkatsu sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar and water. Bring to the boil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
- Deep fry the VBites chicken style pieces for 2 minutes until golden brown. If you do not have a deep fat fryer, the pieces can be pan fried. Turn regularly to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- Stir the fried chicken style pieces into the sauce and serve with sliced spring onion, ginger and chilli.
A great starter. Delicious too as a main dish served with sticky jasmine rice.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- One pack of VBites Mozzarella style Cheezly
- 4 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 VBites streaky style rashers
- Slice the jalapenos lengthways and remove the seeds.
- Grate the Mozzarella style Cheezly into a bowl.
- Carefully fill each jalapeño half with the Cheezly, ensuring it is pressed all the way in.
- Wrap the jalapeno halves in streaky style rashers.
- Brush with oil and cook on the BBQ for 5-6 minutes until the Cheezly starts to melt.